Thread: Married couples kiss less than once a week. No wonder we aren't connected.

Married couples kiss less than once a week. No wonder we aren't connected.

A survey out of Britain this week. It suggests that married couples over there kiss less than once a week. And when they do the smooching lasts less than 40 seconds. Sigh. Maybe it's all those bad British teeth.

So I started to chart how often I kissed my partner. I can count my feet rubs in the hours rather than seconds, but how often do we really kiss? More than once a week for sure, but not as much as I had perceived we had.

How about you?

Here's the facts from the study. Five percent of those age 45 and up squeeze in more than 30 kisses per week, which averages out to just over four per day. So, not counting a presumed "good morning" and "good night" kiss, that leaves two others. Even younger couples age 18 to 24 -- not necessarily married -- make some time for romance, with an average of 11 kisses per week, or less than two per day.

When I emphasize to my patients ways to increase the level of connectedness and intimacy between partners I talk about kissing. I also mention eye gazing, non-genital touch and telling your partner the things that you appreciate about them. So stop reading this and make a point to kiss a little more today. You might see a real upswing in your relationship as a result.

I would like to add my view on this hot topic is that arrange marriages are more successful because our parents finds partners for us. You need to first fall in love with someone and that person should like you as well. It takes time to know each other and both of you should feel comfortable with each other. Decide to get married to a person who loves you more than you love that person. In many cases I have seen that one person is badly in love with the other person, but not vise versa. Never force somebody to love you and get married, you should give sufficient time to the other person whom you love to know you more and you should take sufficient time to learn your partner well before you both come to a decision to live together. So they think this is their responsibility to support it. But if someone is doing love marriage and parents are not giving permission for it but if we still od it then they just accept it unwillingly but they still don't support it. Here the causes start for misunderstandings which leads to big issues in future life. This is a fact no one can deny this. Another thing for succession arrange marriages is the expectation. If we loved some one then we expect a lot from each other. But with time priorities also changes. So our partner thinks we are changing and we are not fulfilling our promises. Its create differences. While in arrange marriage their was not so many promises so partner accept everything easily that work is also necessary with love. Love can't be eat or wear. So if some one is concentrating in carrier its not mean that luv is diminishing. It means we are caring our partner and for better life and future just putting our hundred percent. Thank you.
    Its not easy to go for a love marriage.

A great point of view. It really isn't easy to go for a love marriage. I really appreciate you sharing your perspective. Sue